SUMMER 2019 Courses are now open for registration!
The Center for Biomedical Research Support at The University of Texas at Austin is proud to host the Annual Summer School for Big Data in Biology May 28–31, 2019. The summer school provides a unique hands-on opportunity to acquire valuable skills directly from experts in the field, with courses tailored towards novices or intermediate and advance users.
This year we are offering 9 courses. Each will meet for four half-days (either mornings or afternoons) for a total of twelve hours. Instructors will post lectures, datasets, exercises, and course information on a website accessible to enrolled participants. There will be no examinations, but participants may request certificates of completion. Academic credit will not be issued. Please carefully check the specified prerequisite knowledge before enrolling in a course.
- Introduction to Core NGS Concepts and Tools
- Introduction to RNA-Seq
- Genome Variant Analysis
- Introduction to Python
- Principles of Machine Learning for Bioinformatics
- Introduction to Biocomputing
- Introduction to Proteomics
- Practical Approaches to Analyzing Biological Data with R
- Creating a reproducible data analysis workflow: A Software Carpentry Workshop
Please visit this page to learn more and to register.